You are here
Terms and conditions
Present Aid is owned by Christian Aid (company registration number 5171525, charity number 1105851) and VAT registration number 858 5800 87. Our registered office is at: 35 Lower Marsh, London SE1 7RL. Present Aid in Ireland is owned by Christian Aid Ireland (Northern Ireland company number NI059154 charity number XR94639 and Republic of Ireland company number 426928 and charity number CHY6998).
For the purposes of these terms and conditions, 'Present Aid' 'us' 'we' and 'our' refer to Christian Aid or Christian Aid Ireland as appropriate. References to Christian Aid include Christian Aid Ireland and Christian Aid Ltd, our trading arm.
Use of this site is provided by Christian Aid subject to the following terms and conditions.
All users of this website are bound by these terms and conditions so please read them carefully before proceeding. Your use of this site and the information available on this site is subject to the terms and conditions set out below and by using this site you are acknowledging your consent to them.
1. Present Aid reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
2. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
3. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Present Aid are provided 'as is' without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will Present Aid be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
4. Present Aid does not warrant that the functions and/or material on this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
5. Copyright restrictions: Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from Christian Aid. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by Christian Aid to use any item displayed. Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some photos and documents have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not Christian Aid). All rights are reserved on these photos and documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
6. Present Aid takes no responsibility for the content of external internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and Present Aid has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that Present Aid approves of or endorses any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
7. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
9. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
10. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
11. Where your money goes. When purchasing a virtual gift from Present Aid, you are making a donation to support Christian Aid's vital work in over 50 countries. For example, if you buy a goat, your money will go towards livestock and agricultural projects throughout the developing world. You will receive a card(s) to represent your virtual gift(s). Because your purchase of a virtual gift is in fact a donation you can opt in for Gift Aid (if you are a UK tax payer) and there is no VAT due. If a payment is made to a group giving page which brings the total raised above the target total, any money above the target total will be treated as a general donation to Christian Aid.
12. Postage and packing. All prices are inclusive of postage and packing. This also applies to international orders. However, we welcome an online donation to reflect the delivery charge.
13. Delivery. UK Delivery charges Present Aid offers free postage and packing for all deliveries. We will send your Present Aid card out within three working days of receiving your order by second class post.
15. Moderation. Product reviews, group contribution comments and group giving pages will be checked and will appear on the website after approval. We will endeavour to do this within 48 hours, however this will take longer over weekends and public holidays. We reserve the right to moderate or not to publish comments which are deemed inappropriate. Once a group giving page has been approved and made live the group leader will receive an email with a link to the group giving page.
Save as expressly provided, these terms are not intended to confer any benefit on a third party under the provision of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to us.
We reserve the right to decline to supply any individual or company. We reserve the right at any time to suspend or terminate your access to or use of the website. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any Court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
We will not be liable to you in the event that we are prevented by circumstances beyond our control from delivering any product which you have ordered.
The failure by us to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
Further information about Christian Aid be found on our main website at: www.christianaid.org.uk
Further information about Christian Aid Ireland can be found at: www.christianaid.ie
Present Aid Hamper prize draw 2014 entry rules
1. The Present Aid Festive Hamper prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 16 or over, except employees of Christian Aid, their agencies or anyone else associated with the prize draw.
2. Entries must be submitted by completing the entry page with contact details. Entries must be received between 9am on Monday 22 December 2014 and 11.59pm on Monday 5 January 2015. Entries received outside these dates will not be included in the prize draw.
3. Only one entry per person is permitted and no purchase is necessary.
4. Winners will be notified by email within 30 days of the closing date and advised how to claim their prize. Only the winner/s will be contacted personally. Full details of the prize will be given in writing upon request. Where we notify a winner by email, we will ask for confirmation of receipt by reply email. If unable to make contact within 90 days, Christian Aid reserves the right to award prizes to other entrants following a repeat draw.
5. The prize winner/s will be drawn randomly from all eligible entries by an independent judge. Their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. There are no cash or other prizes in the event the prize(s) described is unavailable. Christian Aid reserves the right to substitute the prize(s) for a similar prize(s) of equal or greater value. The prize(s) is subject to any terms and conditions of the manufacturer, supplier and/or prize provider.
7. Christian Aid will not be liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by taking part or not being able to take part in this prize draw. No responsibility is accepted for inaccurate prize details.
8. A list of winner/s will be made available on written request from our Supporter Relations team at Christian Aid, 35 Lower Marsh, Waterloo, London SE1 7RL. Email: email@example.com
9. Winners’ names may be used for promotional purposes but will not include address or any other personal details. We will keep your personal details for a reasonable time so we can send you any prize that you have won, to verify that these rules have been complied with, and for accounting purposes. Entrants also agree to be contacted via telephone and/or email to discuss any event requirements they may have. We have an ‘opt out’ policy on sales and marketing communication. If you wish subsequently to unsubscribe from receiving information you should contact the Supporter Relations team at: Christian Aid, 35 Lower Marsh, Waterloo, London SE1 7RL.Tel: 020 7523 2493, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: christianaid.org.uk
10. Christian Aid may issue specific rules to be read in conjunction with these terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict between two sets of Terms, the free prize draw‐specific terms and conditions will take priority. Christian Aid reserves the right to cancel the free prize draw at any stage.
11. These rules are governed by English law. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when completing the entry form and entering this free prize draw.
12. The promoter of the free prize draw is: Christian Aid, 35 Lower Marsh, Waterloo, London SE1 7RL.